The biggest Betty Boop Fan Ever

The biggest Betty Boop Fan Ever

Little MisPlaced

Little MisPlaced

Thursday, September 25, 2008

World Wind Week

What a world wind week I have had!
It started out last Friday- I left early from work @ noon for a much needed Adult weekend! Paige was staying with her Aunt Lizzy for the entire weekend(It has been a long time since she has spend the night with Aunt Lizzy) When I got home I quickly packed Damon and My stuff, so we could meet up with our friend Becky and Tim, Damon and I left instructions and keys with our house/dog sitter and off we were to pick up our friends.
Our first destination was Frankenmuth, Tim and Becky have never been there! At this point I feel that I know the town inside and out, my parents took me and my sisters all the time when we were growing up and as an adult I have been numerous times! (For someone who is not a holiday fan I have been to Bronners more than my fair share!) I love going to Frankenmuth though the food is good the atmosphere is cheery and we timed it perfectly this year for Octoberfest! There was not only the regular shopping to do but a huge craft show too. (which anyone that knows me knows I like craft shows) I was actually a reasonable shopper this year I bought a few things for family and friends as a gift for watching Paige and helping out, and I only bought one thing for myself (and yes it was Betty Boop) We spent Friday goofing around in down town Frankenmuth and ate at the Bavarian Inn( I like the food but everyone else was less than impressed)
Saturday, the group of us got up early and headed to Bronners, we spend a few hours there, wondering around looking at all the Christmas stuff. It was a harsh reminder that Christmas is only a few months from now! OMG!!!
Then it was back on the road to Houghton Lake. This is our annual trip to the Fireman's show that they have in Rosscommon every year, usually it falls right on Paige's Birthday but we dodged it this year. Our plan was to check into the hotel and then to the fireman's thing. It is a big swap meet of sort for Fireman! After we checked in there Damon noticed a car shows just on the other side of some gas stations (he wanted to check that out). We spend some time wondering around the fireman's show (mostly looking for Tim) and then headed out. We made a slight detour to the highway in hopes that it would get us back to the hotel sooner so that we could check out the car show before our next scheduled outing. Boy where we way off base we ended up back tracking way out of the way(OOPS) . We ended up making it just in enough time to get changed and head to Merritt Race Way.
Merritt is a dirt race track just about 10 miles from our hotel, Damon's brother was going to run in the "Woodtick". It worked out perfectly we we're finally going to be able to watch Chris run his modified on dirt. Well that was the PLAN anyway. We got to the track with time to spare, we went to Chris's pit, we talked and caught up a bit then we headed to the stands to watch some dirt racing, it was way different then even the dirt tracks that Damon and I went to in Arizona, but it was fun. I think a even got a complementary exfoliation with my pit pass(AHH)
The rest of the weekend went without any hitches and it was relatively relaxing

No comments:

About Us

The Mrs. is a full time Mother, Student, Worker and Wife. The Mr. is a full time Worker, Dad and Husband. Little P is a soon-to-be full time student. Life around the MisPlaced is almost always entertaining! Stay a while and see if you end up MisPlaced too.